Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Kirby Puckett gone...


When I was a kid I used to collect baseball cards, this was in the late 80's, right as the production amounts of cards were getting so big that their value was practically worthless, But they were still fun to collect, and at an age where i was supposed to be memorizing times tables, and verbs and conjugations, etc. I was memorizing RBI's and Batting avg.'s I was finding hereo's, and one of them was Kirby Puckett. This guy was amazing cuz he could crank that ball harder than anything, I swear I was waiting for the cork to get shoved out thru the lacing after Kirby connected. I am sorry to see him go, he was a hereo to me when i was a kid and probably a lot others.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

yep. i was shocked when i read the news in the paper. Kirby was one of my childhood hero's (just like you, through collecting baseball cards)

12:48 PM  
Blogger sketchtopia said...

My father told me that he was not a very good guy personally, said he beat up on his wife. Not cool. I did not know that when I was a kid

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home